WE’RE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE…
WE’RE BACK FROM
1ST JULY 2020!
We’ve all been eagerly waiting for the amazing news from the Government to allow us to get back to doing some of the things we love. Dancing has always been a fundamental part of my life, so being isolated with very little contact with my Alegria Dance Centre family has been tough I must say! And I know many of you are also itching to get back on the dancefloor!
So guess what!? In light of the Government’s recent announcement and the easing of restrictions for dance studios, the team and I are ecstatic to announce we will be welcoming you back to the studio very soon with open arms (physically distanced of course).
As of the 22nd June 2020, dance studios in Victoria have been given the green light to return to their happy place – with some restrictions in place to help us keep everyone as safe as possible.
We’ve made the decision to give ourselves enough time to make sure all of our systems and new procedures are perfect before you step through our doors, so our first dancing day will be on Wednesday 1st July 2020.
Get ready for the new schedule to arrive in our booking system from the 25th of June! We can’t wait to experience the joy of dance with you again! 🙂
Founder – Justin Moulton
HOW WE ARE DOING OUR BIT TO KEEP YOU AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE
Over the next week, the team and I will be working hard on getting the studio and ourselves ready to welcome you back to the dancefloor.
In order to do so, we will have in place a number of procedures that we appreciate your understanding and cooperation in, so that we can all do what we love to do, without jeopardising anyone’s health.
Some of our strategies, and restrictions / guidelines as advised by the Government include:
- A maximum of 20 people in our dance studio at any given time (plus teachers)
- A maximum of 10 people in a group dance class (plus your teacher)
- A 1.5m physical distance between all students and teachers wherever possible
- Changing the way we run our classes and private lessons for the time being to ensure you can still experience the joy of dance, whilst adhering to the social distancing rules – please note, our group timetable will also be changing, so keep your eyes peeled for our exciting new schedule!
- Classes and private lessons will be 40 minutes in duration, to allow for 5 minutes between sessions for administration, cleaning, hygiene practices and managing the flow of people in and out of the studio
- All of our team members will have completed the Department of Health’s COVID-19 infection control training
- A strict cleaning schedule at regular intervals, ensuring the studio is cleaned and sterilised multiple times a day, including surfaces, door handles and taps
- Continuing to ensure Alegria is a low volume, appointment only studio
To help us out, we kindly ask you to:
- Please wash your hands upon entering and leaving the studio. There is hand wash in the bathroom, and hand sanitiser at reception, on the shelves, and near the music console
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle to each of your lessons (the water cooler will not be available for use to minimise frequently touched surfaces)
- Please wait in your car until your scheduled lesson time as we need to manage the flow of people in and out of the studio, and be able to abide by the maximum number of people allowed in the studio at any one time
- Please prebook your lessons and classes, and only come to the studio if you have a booking – the new booking schedule will be ready from the 25th of June 2020
- No guests will be allowed to attend the studio as spectators
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and if you do so, please wash / sterilise your hands immediately
- Please follow respiratory hygiene practices such as covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- If you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your lesson to rest and recover
Lastly, we’d like to thankyou all for your patience and support during this very challenging time. We hope you are all as happy, well and safe as possible, and please reach out if you have any questions. We look forward to bringing you all joy and happiness once again, by allowing you to escape into dance!
Bookings can be made from Thursday 25th June by calling Justin on 0413 009 894, or online via our website www.alegriadance.com.au.
The A-Club Online Membership for Social Dancing
We are proud to offer our Social Dancing students the ability to refresh their dance knowledge via our online portal called; The A-Club Online Membership. This includes multiple levels of dance syllabus, with over 12 dances to learn and refresh your step knowledge. Not only this, but we add even more value by uploading new technical dance videos every week to help you improve in all areas of your dancing. Learn to dance socially from the comfort of your own home, or anywhere for that matter!
View the A-Club Online Membership!