Alegria Dance Centre’s COVID-19 Information for Clients
In the current Roadmap to recovery for COVID-19 in Melbourne, Dance Studios are now allowed to be open from the 29th of October 2021. We’re ecstatic to be open again, but we must follow the Chief Health Officer’s guidelines for reopening.
Please note, we are also doing everything we can to keep you and our team safe.
Some of our strategies include:
- Spacing out our appointments to allow for 5 minutes between each session for studio cleaning, preparation for your session, and managing the flow of people in and out of the studio
- Ensuring all of our team members have completed the Department of Health’s COVID-19 Infection Control training
- Ensuring all team members wear face masks
- Ensuring all team members are fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ensuring all clients are fully vaccinated, unless medically exempt with medical proof of certification
- Ensuring all team members and clients check in using the Service Victoria mobile app
- A strict cleaning schedule at regular intervals, ensuring the facility is cleaned and sterilised multiple times a day, including surfaces, door handles and taps. All equipment will also be sterilised after each use.
- Ensuring all clients bring a water bottle and towel to their session (no disposable cups will be available in the studio, unless absolutely necessary, to minimise frequent contact points such as the water cooler).
- Ensuring all clients wear a mask to attend their appointment (unless medically cleared, or during vigorous exercise)
- Changing the layout of our reception / waiting area to enable social distancing
- Continuing to ensure Alegria Dance Centre is a low volume, appointment only studio, so you can be assured our studio is a safe place for you to dance
In order to help us, we kindly ask you to:
- Please check in using our QR code located at the entrance of the studio
- Please sanitise your hands upon entering and leaving the studio. There is hand sanitiser provided at the entrance and hand wash provided in the bathroom. Hand sanitiser is also located at the reception (and at various stations throughout the studio)
- Please follow respiratory hygiene practices such as covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, and if you do so, please ensure you wash / sterilise your hands immediately
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle to each of your sessions
- Please wear a face mask whilst entering the studio (unless medically exempt)
- Please wait in your car until your scheduled appointment time if possible (we do have a few chairs spaced out in the studio if you need)
- If you are feeling unwell, please call us to reschedule your appointment to minimise the potential spread to others, and so that you can organise appropriate medical care / COVID testing, and rest and recover